Building inspectionThe field of structural testing comprises the testing of engineering structures according to DIN 1076 by 15 civil engineers with VFIB certificate for structural testing, the preparation of object-related damage analyses as well as the performance of engineer immersion tests.
The team of building inspectors consists of trained rope access technicians (levels 1, 2 and 3) and certified research divers as well as certified building inspectors with additional training in timber construction (see also "Special areas of building supervision").
Here you will find our references!
Head of department
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Oeljeklaus
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Oeljeklaus
The performance spectrum includes:
- Simple tests, main and special tests according to DIN 1076
- Production of object-related damage analyses (OSA)
- Engineer immersion tests on components in the underwater area
- Special special tests on wooden bridges (non-destructive or non-destructive ultrasonic testing, drilling resistance measurement) Application of rope-supported working techniques (industrial climbing)
- Creation of test reports according to RI-EBW-PRÜF e.g. with the programs SIB-Bauwerke and WSV Pruf
- Calculation of the repair costs
- Traffic safety equipment for construction supervision
- building data acquisition according to ASB-ING
- Recalculation of critical components
- Control of steel components by welding engineers and coating inspectors
Recalculation of critical components
In case of serious defects regarding the stability of the overall structure or individual components during the structural inspection, a parallel static recalculation of the relevant critical components is ensured by our structural analysis department in order to avoid e.g. bridge closures. If urgent action is required, temporary securing or reinforcement measures are worked out in close cooperation between the client, the building inspector and the structural engineer.
Building data acquisition according to ASB-ING
A detailed building data acquisition is the basis for the evaluation of the VEMAGS and BMS data (nationwide process management for large and heavy transports, building management system) as well as for a good quality of construction supervision. This includes the acquisition and digitalisation of building data from existing building books and files, the surveying of buildings, the creation of inventory plans as well as the input of digital and analogue inventory plans, drawings and documents for engineering structures such as bridges, traffic sign bridges, noise barriers, retaining walls and other engineering structures.
In addition to the standard equipment, the scope of the technical equipment includes additional technical equipment such as ultrasonic and drilling resistance measuring instruments, several concrete cover measuring instruments, including the Profometer 5, endoscopes and instruments for measuring layer thicknesses and material thicknesses as well as thermography.
Access Technology & Traffic Safety
In addition to the extensive technical equipment for construction supervision, the company has its own access techniques via its subsidiary "Theo-s GmbH", which is unparalleled in Germany due to its diversity and range.
These include, for example, three lower bridge inspection units with a web length of up to 20 m and with pier access, pontoon systems, working boats and a 7.49 t lifting platform with 20 m lateral extension. Various safety trailers and LED early warning devices are available for traffic barriers.